Mums on the Go Newsletter April 2012
April 16, 2012
Spring is in the air and more businesses have been blossoming on Mums on the Go:
- Hemingways an independently owned and loved Cocktail Bar in Wimbledon Village which now opens during the day for local mums to meet up over coffee. 10% off bill.
- Home Hair a mobile hairdresser covering Wimbledon, Morden, Sutton, Banstead and surrounding areas.
- Stars Gym and Creche in Battersea is a fantastically equipped gym with a wide range of classes including Zumba, Yoga and Pre-natal Pilates. Onsite creche for little ones. 20% discount on all sports massages, osteopathy treatments, beauty products and treatments. See the *Pay What You Like* offer below
- Yoga-Forever fun flowing and yoga to the beat classes in SW London, including gentle yoga for pre-natal mothers from the founder of YogaBugs, Fenella Lindsell. First class free and £10 off a block booking of classes.
The latest version of the Mums on the Go Business Directory can be downloaded from the home page.
In this month’s issue we find out more about the mum behind Mums and the City and get some great advice on pre and postnatal exercise from the experts at Fit8.
Stars Gym – ‘Pay What You Like’
Our gym and creche mornings allow you to make the best use of your valuable time.
Work out or take part in one of fitness fun classes whilst our qualified staff look after your little ones in our on site creche facility.
Gym and creche mornings take place each week day from 0930 to 1130 and as a special introductory offer for Spring 2012 you can pay what you like for each session.
The creche is available for 12 week to 4 year olds. Offer valid each week day up until 1st June 2012. Limited number of spaces available so please always call or e mail in advance to book. Work out whilst your children are having fun!
Where: Stars Gym, Albion Riverside, Battersea
To book a place please phone Stars Gym at t 020 7223 6913 or email email@example.com
Mums and the City
Mollie Luckhurst runs Mums and the City, which leads pram-friendly outings for mums and their babies in London.
So Mollie, tell me a bit about yourself?
Well, I’m a mom (not a ‘mum’ – I’m American) to a little girl who will be two in June. I have lived in the UK for 11 years and I live with my husband and daughter in Kent.
How did you come up with the idea of Mums and the City?
It was really through my own experience of having a baby and feeling disconnected from my previous working life, lacking intellectual stimulation, and wanting to get out and explore London but needing some encouragement and support to do so. And many of my friends who are mums felt the same way.
What is the best thing about your job?
The most rewarding thing about my business is the ability to work while spending time with my daughter. I can do the administration in the evenings or nap times and the outings I always bring my daughter with me. Also, as an American, I love the continuous exploration of the exciting cultural events taking place throughout London. Another favourite thing about Mums and the City is that I can indulge in my own interests by creating outings around my own interests!
What sort of advice would you have for other mums/mums-to-be thinking of starting their own business?
It isn’t easy, passion is definitely required. And I think to be worth it, you need to be very interested in the business idea, not just interested to make money. Market research is beneficial or else just follow your gut like I did!
Any other passions or hobbies?
I have so many hobbies and passions! Most recently (since the birth of my daughter) I’ve really gotten into modern quilting. I always have at least 6 quilts on the go and I occasionally dip in and out of my other hobbies – sailing, running, knitting and cooking.
Interested? Get in touch with Mollie to find out more, contact Mollie
Mums and the City is offering Mums on the Go members a 25% discount.
Pre and postnatal exercise the Fit8 way
Exercise enjoyment through Functional Intelligent Training
It’s our holistic approach that makes fit8 so different from every other health and fitness club. We look at your wellbeing from every angle, and create a unique programme tailored precisely to you. We work very closely with pre and post natal experts to offer the best possible support for our local mummy’s.
During and post pregnancy fit8 will help you
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Manage the physical demands of pregnancy, labour, birth and postnatal recovery through strengthening exercises
- Improve posture, balance, co-ordination and pelvic floor control
- Increase body awareness and self confidence
- Reduce anxiety levels with better quality sleep and relaxation breathing exercises
- Prevent injury and joint problems
- Get back to your pre-pregnancy body with your personalised programmeWith so much to think about before and after your baby arrives we take care of all your exercise needs you just need to turn up and enjoy!
Each training session is completely supervised, and always led by a fit8 trainer. This fosters a fun and energetic atmosphere, creating close bonds between members and trainers. You will enjoy all the support, encouragement and expertise you need.
As well as carefully planned exercise, your programme will include nutrition, metabolic profiling, cardiovascular training, injury prevention and rehabilitation, and bio mechanical assessments. We also have our very own in house physiotherapist for all your sports injury needs and a women’s health physiotherapist who specialises in obstetrics and gynaecological physiotherapy.
Contact Grace to book your free trial and experience the Fit8 difference for yourself.
Fit8 is offering Mums on the Go members 10% off the monthly membership fee and 50% off the joining fee.
← Press release: Wimbledon Mums Meet to support Childrens’ Charity Mums on the Go May Newsletter featuring Mums and the City and Bilocated Lifestyle Management →